Skip to main content

You can’t blog with us!

I’m not digging all of these big shot bloggers trying to make these rules for blogging.
I have read posts about how not everyone should have a blog.
If you’re not a big shot blogger, like myself.. this post is for you.
If you are a big shot blogger, this post is also for you.. but, none of you will read this.
These are just some of the rules that I don’t follow..


Your blog will be judged by it’s cover. Have a perfect layout.
If spending $100 to have some make a layout for my blog means you’ll read my blog and you’ll follow me.. then I don’t give a damn if you’re not following me.

Respond to all comments left on your blog.
It is important to respond to comments.. however, I do understand why people can’t always respond. Personally.. if you ask me something I most likely will respond. A lot of the time I get comments that pretty much all I can say is “Thank you!” to.. I mean.. I’ll absolutely always respond if you e-mail me.. or even if you comment on instagram.. I respond almost instantly, unless I’m in class or at work.

You must post almost daily.
During Fall, Winter and Spring I take classes 2-3 days a week and work 4-5 days a week. I only get time with my boyfriend 2-3 days a week.. I go to school in the morning/day and work at night. I work at a bar for we close at 2 and get out of there by 3ish. When I get home I sleep and then wake up to go to school or work. Summer I’m currently only taking one class but I’m working more than usual. I’m busy. I’m tired. The only time I really use my computer is to do home work or watch netflix while falling asleep. I post when I can. If I had the time to post daily, I would.

Your blog must show your readers that you are perfect and you live the perfect life.
I call bullshit on all of these bloggers that live this “perfect” life. I don’t care if I blog about things that maybe I shouldn’t. I’m real. I can’t be anything else.

The more followers you have, the better your blog.
The amount of followers you have really has nothing to do with the content you compose. Most of the time it’s a popularity contest. Buy a cool layout, pay someone to have your link on their blog, spend hours commenting on other blogs.. and BAM!!.. your followers will go up. If you simply just have a good blog.. the only followers you’ll gain are people that came across your blog and loved it for what it is.. those are the followers you should want.

 

I started a blog because I wanted to post about my life. It may not be interesting to everyone. That was never the point. I used to have a Tumblr. It’s still out there, I just don’t use it. I have thousands of followers on my tumblr, no lie. The second you stop posting 100 pictures a day.. you lose followers. Tumblr is like one huge popularity contest. I hated that. I used to have a livejournal and an Xanga when I was younger so I decided to give Blogger a chance. I love the blogs I follow. I’m sorry if I don’t always have time to comment. I’ve given my number to a few followers. I e-mail some of you. I talk to some of you on Instagram. I do enjoy interacting.. but you have to understand that I have a life, just like many of you. I honestly can’t believe I have over 50 followers on my blog. I am very thankful for thank. Would I love to have thousands of follower? Of course.. but, maybe I just don’t have the time to draw in that many followers.. and I’m okay with that.

My blog is a personal blog. I blog about my life. I blog when I can. If a big shot blogger wants to post about all of the rules of blogging.. I’m not going to follow them. I laugh at the rules.

I don’t need to fit into this blogger world in order to keep my blog running. I didn’t go into this blog thinking I’d one day be one of this big shot bloggers. I wanted to be able to post my thoughts and post whatever I wanted. I won’t ever change the way I blog just to get more followers.

Yes, I know I need to comment more on blogs that I read. I will try to do that. As always, I will try and post more.. but for any of you bloggers that are on the same page as me with this post.. I know that you are real and that you can understand that sometimes life gets in the way.

Your blog should be about you.

You should only follow your own personal rules.

 

...And on Wednesday we wear pink!

Untitled 3

Comments

  1. Love this! And thank you for posting! The perfect life point....you nailed it on the head. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A-FUCKING-MEN!
    I am tired of reading people telling me what I can and can't blog about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower, New fan, AGREE BIG TIME! Or, simple as some of us don't have the funds to spend money on a super awesome layout. And I totally hear you when you say work gets in the way. You rock. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMEN to allll of the above! I've been seeing too many 'big shot bloggers' with all their rules and regulations posts lately and I think it's quite ridiculous. A blog is a personal thing to enjoy and have fun with! If people want to follow, they follow. If not? Oh well, it's MY blog for sharing about MY NOT SO perfect life. SO happy you wrote this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this post! I agree with you... Seriously blogging should be fun and relaxing, or a way for you to vent, talk, etc. It shouldn't make you feel like you or your blog is less than adequate compared to others! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Preach it girl! When I signed up for this whole blogging stuff, I didn't see any rules! And I love that you had a Xanga because you better believe I did too. Xanga was the shit! bahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You go girl. I totally agree and I'm glad someone has the balls to say it. The bitchy bloggers can suck it.

    Happy Thursday lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I (snap in air) Know (snap again) that's (snap again) Right!!!!!! FINALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree! There are really no rules...if someone likes what you're blogging, they'll read it, if not, they won't. I haven't met many "mean girls" in the blogging world, but I was recently turned down for a sponsor swap because I have less than 200 followers. Lame, but I guess how each blogger blogs, and who she chooses to include is her prerogative. I'm glad that there are bloggers like you out there who have the whole thing in perspective :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love, love, love this post! You took the words right out of my mouth:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. yep, i totally agree. some of the 'bigger' blogs make me sick. it's all about giveaways, pay to have a spot, who's the pretties, most popular, with the best house and money. what, are we in freaking high school again?! us smaller blogs need to unite, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post! I agree and would prefer people to only post when they have something interesting to say, show me someone has something interesting to say every freaking day of the year and I will show you a pig that can fly ;) I also prefer to have a small amount of followers because I can get to know them and I recognise their little profile pics and know who they are. If I had a zillion followers I wouldnt be able to keep up with whose who. Just saying ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bad. Ass!!!! i love everything about this post!! seriously!

    i found you from friday's letters and i'm so glad i did...where have you been all this time?? love love love you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post! And you have an awesome blog. Keep up the great work and don't listen to what anyone else says. I always tell people that the BEST part about MY blog is just that.. it is MINE.. no one else can tell me how to do it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. FINALLY somebody verbalizes this! If you were close by I'd even invade your personal space and give you a hug. I'm one of the 'small time bloggers' and although I'd be tickled pink to have thousands of followers, I don't and I'm okay with that. I blog for me, for my family and so that years down the road I can look back upon my life and remember all of the silly details again that I once wrote about.

    Way to be genuine, honest and keep it real. High five, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahah ! Oh god girl, I LOVE this! I'm gonna have to steal it and put my two cents in as well! You couldnt have said it better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a small time blogger and I agree with you :) thank you for this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stopping by from Oh, How Pinteresting @ The Vintage Apple. After viewing that post, I kept reading. Glad I did because I love this post. Blogging may have "rules" if you're doing it as a business, but anyone can blog with rules. If you're blogging as a hobby, then feel free to make your own rules!

    www.domesticblissdiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm new to blogging and started for the same reasons you said...just needed something for me!! So glad someone finally wrote something about this since I read blogs all the time and it definitely seems a little Mean Girl-ish at times. Keep it up!

    http://sweetlyslow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Agreed! I sometimes feel like the blogosphere is high school all over again, and i'm totally not one of the cool kids! I can only post about my life and things that are important to me, and my blogs not perfect or pretty or well-organized or anything! Thanks for making a great point!

    http://theawkwardbroad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. So very true. My followers have gone up, slowly. And I'm ok with that. I feel a lot of the "Big" bloggers have so many followers because they do so many giveaways and in order to enter you have to follow on GFC. Just because you have 600+ followers by no means that all of thosee 600 are reading or commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this post 'cause you said it like it is!!!!! I often feel like the small blogger advocate because I don't like to buy into all the big blogger stuff and I don't agree that you have to be a big blogger to be successful or to even have a blog in the first place. Be true to yourself even if it's not what everyone else is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. HA! It's amazing I'm finally reading my own thoughts. I've had comments from other bloggers who are "shocked" that I've had my blog for over 2 1/2 years but I don't have "100 followers" yet. To be honest, I could care less about "followers." I blog because I like blogging. My blog isn't going to go away if people don't "follow it."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I absolutely love every single comment I receive on this little blog of mine.
I'll always respond to a question. Sometimes I'll reply back on your actual comment or sometimes I'll e-mail. Don't ever hesitate to e-mail me about absolutely anything. I'm pretty good at responding to e-mails very quickly!

MandyShippe@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

Oh, How Pinteresting…

  As always, feel free to follow me on Pinterest .. I always follow back.. because the more pins on my dash, the better!   Source: someecards.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: 30.media.tumblr.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: bathingnews.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: someecards.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: blog.bostoninteriors.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: someecards.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: nastygal.com via Amanda on Pinterest Source: imgfave.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: google.com via Amanda on Pinterest                         Source: weddingsandthings.tumblr.com via Amanda on Pinterest       I’m ready to get married. OKAY. Ha.       I get to spend tonight and tomorrow with my man!!.. so excited!!! But, it’s your turn to link up and show off your pins!!!!!    

Friday’s Letters!!!!

Dear Bret Michaels, Once I had a film class. It was so badass and made me wish I was an actress. I actually love being in front of the camera acting.. ANYWAYS.. This was the closest I’ve been to you.. when I was on a fake Rock Of Love.. with a fake Bret Michaels.. But, I’ll be seeing you live this Saturday!!! Dear Poison and Def Leppard, See you on Saturday!!!.. I’m pretty damn nervous to party with a bunch of people older than my mom. But, thank you for giving me an excuse to have extra big hair and dress like I belong in the 80’s.. I’ll look better than all these old chicks that still live in the 80’s.. Just sayin’.. Dear Friday’s Letters, You always make me so happy to write! I love that this link up always gets me so much positive feedback! It always makes my Friday so much better!.. I work Friday nights and Saturday mornings.. so Friday isn’t always as awesome to me as it is to everyone else. Dear Ashley from Adventures of Newlyweds, The first time I ever linked up I mention