Skip to main content

I hate St. Patrick's Day.

I'm so glad it's Monday and I'm so glad St. Patrick's Day is OVER!!!
I'm going out for drinks tonight and I deserve every single sip I'll take.

Friday.
Relaxed with Luke. I honestly can't remember what we did.

Saturday.
Woke up around 6:30/7am for my final. The roads were so icy. Usually on Saturday theres no morning traffic or cops and I can make it to school in 15/20 minutes. But, it took me almost 40 minutes. My final sucked. I knew I did awful on it because for some reason I couldn't remember anything that morning. I ended up getting a 95% in the class.

Around 1pm Lucas calls me to tell me he had broken out in some kind of rash. He's been on amoxicillin for strep throat so I started researching. Then I was so consumed in researching that I wasted my entire afternoon. He seems to be fine. It seems like it's just a reaction to the antibiotic.

The rest of the night we just relaxed. Ate too much food and then we both had to get sleep for work.

Sunday.
My alarm goes off around 9am. Around 9:20 I get a text asking me to come in early for work. 
I rush to get ready then off to work I go. 



My first St. Patrick's Day being able to legally drink. My work had a huge party that took up two levels and a heated tent. We had a band and a few DJs. Everything was going all right. I was annoyed by drunk people but, whats new. Then my night turned into complete crap.... I go to pick up the credit card book from this table, I walk back to the back room open it up and see this.....


$0 tip. ZERO!  I was livid. 
I know on Instagram many of you said you'd say something to the person.. But, with so many people there it would of been hard to find him and I already knew he left. 

I could go on for days about things that annoy me as a waitress. But, THIS... this is something that is so disrespectful. I don't care how drunk you are, it's not an excuse. What this dude doesn't know is that.. his $200 bill is part of my total sales. I have to tip out the bar and the bus boy a percent of my total sales.. and last night it was a large percent of my total sales. That was $200 of my total sales that I made nothing off of and I still had to tip out on it. 10% of this bill would of been $20... which is better than nothing. 

After that I was just so over the night. I was completely sober. Not digging anything to do with St. Patrick's Day. I went home drank 2 IPAs and fell asleep.

I hope all of you had a much better St. Patrick's Day than I did.
I'm running late (as always).. I need to rush so I can get a much needed drink in my hand.


Linking up with:

Comments

  1. ugh that happened to me 2 St. Paddy's ago when I was cocktailing. so pissed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wanted to chase people down so many times. I was always happy when tables were large and I knew my waiters could grat them ... then I didn't feel like I was taking money out of their pocket (I was the bartender). Every once in a while, I miss it. And then sometimes, I just don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you had such a crappy Sunday. Even if the service sucked, I still try to tip SOMETHING. That's just terrible that they didn't tip you anything. There's definitely no excuse for that.

    Congrats on doing well in your course though! And your outfit is super cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always tip at least 20% even if the service sucked because you never know what's going on - they could be short handed, the server could be sick or just having a really bad day. I know you shouldn't bring your shit to work, but it happens and sometimes you can't control it. And not tipping because you're drunk is definitely NOT an excuse. If anything, I tend to tip more when I'm drinking, especially if the bartender is on top of their game and doing an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's terrible that they didn't tip you anything! It's disgusting that people can be that RUDE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! It's bad enough they didn't tip you even more annoying for you that you had to tip out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's the one thing I don't miss about waiting tables. I've never been left nothing but I've been shorted before. It's beyond infuriating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That wouldve pissed me off too! But saying something to him couldve made matters worse. Its sad people are like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ew that totally sucks! People who don't tip get bad karma. you looked super cute in your outfit though so thats a plus :)

    New follower,
    Simplystevieblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG what an ass!! Sorry that happened :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's horrible!! I've waitressed for a couple years and this makes me furious! It's like some people don't realize that when you wait tables you are depending on the tip because that is your pay. Hope you don't run into customers like this too often.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, seriously, who does that?! I can't imagine you gave the lousiest service ever. I don't think I've ever not given a tip,ever! Here's hoping that next year is a million times better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I absolutely love every single comment I receive on this little blog of mine.
I'll always respond to a question. Sometimes I'll reply back on your actual comment or sometimes I'll e-mail. Don't ever hesitate to e-mail me about absolutely anything. I'm pretty good at responding to e-mails very quickly!

MandyShippe@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

You can’t blog with us!

I’m not digging all of these big shot bloggers trying to make these rules for blogging. I have read posts about how not everyone should have a blog. If you’re not a big shot blogger, like myself.. this post is for you. If you are a big shot blogger, this post is also for you.. but, none of you will read this. These are just some of the rules that I don’t follow.. Your blog will be judged by it’s cover. Have a perfect layout. If spending $100 to have some make a layout for my blog means you’ll read my blog and you’ll follow me.. then I don’t give a damn if you’re not following me. Respond to all comments left on your blog. It is important to respond to comments.. however, I do understand why people can’t always respond. Personally.. if you ask me something I most likely will respond. A lot of the time I get comments that pretty much all I can say is “Thank you!” to.. I mean.. I’ll absolutely always respond if you e-mail me.. or even if you comment on instagram.. I respond almost inst

Oh, How Pinteresting…

  As always, feel free to follow me on Pinterest .. I always follow back.. because the more pins on my dash, the better!   Source: someecards.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: 30.media.tumblr.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: bathingnews.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: someecards.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: blog.bostoninteriors.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: someecards.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: nastygal.com via Amanda on Pinterest Source: imgfave.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: google.com via Amanda on Pinterest                         Source: weddingsandthings.tumblr.com via Amanda on Pinterest       I’m ready to get married. OKAY. Ha.       I get to spend tonight and tomorrow with my man!!.. so excited!!! But, it’s your turn to link up and show off your pins!!!!!    

Friday’s Letters!!!!

Dear Bret Michaels, Once I had a film class. It was so badass and made me wish I was an actress. I actually love being in front of the camera acting.. ANYWAYS.. This was the closest I’ve been to you.. when I was on a fake Rock Of Love.. with a fake Bret Michaels.. But, I’ll be seeing you live this Saturday!!! Dear Poison and Def Leppard, See you on Saturday!!!.. I’m pretty damn nervous to party with a bunch of people older than my mom. But, thank you for giving me an excuse to have extra big hair and dress like I belong in the 80’s.. I’ll look better than all these old chicks that still live in the 80’s.. Just sayin’.. Dear Friday’s Letters, You always make me so happy to write! I love that this link up always gets me so much positive feedback! It always makes my Friday so much better!.. I work Friday nights and Saturday mornings.. so Friday isn’t always as awesome to me as it is to everyone else. Dear Ashley from Adventures of Newlyweds, The first time I ever linked up I mention