Skip to main content

Trust your struggle.



Just a quick warning that this post may get a little longer than I planned. But, it needs to be said.

Lately, I've been dealing with a lot of personal things that have ruined my motivation for blogging. Then there was so much drama in the blog world. I honestly felt like I was done with the whole blogging thing. The past month or two I feel like I can't win. I feel that if something could go wrong, it will. I haven't been happy lately. I couldn't even turn to writing because I didn't want to admit that I've been having a really hard time with pretty much everything. I've been negative, I've been a bitch, I've been emotional. I've been a hot mess.




I'm 21 years old and honestly, sometimes it doesn't feel like it. Sometimes I feel like I'm not really living my life the way most 21 year olds live. I don't go out much. I really don't have the time to. But I'm working and I'm going to school. I'll be done with my program when I'm about 23 or 24. I have so much I want to do with my life. I want to travel, move, party and overall enjoy my twenties. I'm going to do that.

Source: twitter.com via Amanda on Pinterest



Last weekend I had the time to talk to a lot of people who are in their late 20's to early 30's and were able to give me a lot of great advice on life. Every single one of them reminded me that I'm young. I was reminded that I need to live my life to the fullest and start experiences things. I also took away a lot from a conversation I had with someone who doesn't really know me other than meeting me once before at a party. They told me that they can tell that I'm someone who is more concerned with other people's happiness than I am my own. I was reminded that it's okay to put myself first especially when a lot of the people I put before me don't do the same in return.

I absolutely can be hardheaded at times. It depends on the situation. However, there are a lot of times I consider other people's happiness way before I consider my own. And I'm finally at the point that I can see it and it's really not fair to me.

I wish that I could fill you all in on the entire situation that started all this, but I don't think right now is the right time to do that because I don't know who reads my blog. I spent a lot of time angry that these people could allow me to hurt and to make me look like the bad person because I wasn't happy for someone when they all completely blindsided me. I considered walking away from them. Which only made me the bad person even more in their eyes.

At this point, I actually have no idea what I'm going to do. Could I forgive them? I probably could. Are they ever going to see the situation for what it really was and make things right? I'm willing to bet the answer is no. What's pathetic is that all I can keep thinking about is how I tried so hard, how I did so much and how that really doesn't matter to them anymore. I've been told I was wrong over and over. I'm not wrong. What's wrong is treating someone like nothing, hiding things, lying and not being able to take responsibility for your mistakes. I can't make any of them see or feel what they don't. But, when you care so much about certain people it's easier to think about what I can do to try and get them to see it than it is for me to just walk away. Yes, I'm wrong for that.




What I need to do is start doing what's best for me. Sitting around waiting for a sincere apology that I'm never going to get is just holding me back. I feel that all of this has really taught me a lot about myself. It taught me a lot about the people in my life. My happiness needs to be more important to me. They made me the bad person in their heads. I'm the crazy one for feeling hurt and betrayed. I can't change them. I can change me. I can make sure that I'm happy and that I'm doing the things that I want with my life. Whatever happens, happens. I just have to keep myself happy and moving forward and as my permeant reminder on my hip says, "Trust Your Struggle."

Comments

  1. Amen. Maybe I should learn to trust mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I 100% totally agree and I have honestly been feeling much of the same ways, except in reverse, I have no job, no school, I'm a potato and everything is going wrong. Everyday is a struggle but the key is reminding each other that its worth it and why we keep going.... Prayers and Good Vibes your way! I hope things start turning up and making more sense for you babe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am feeling the SAME WAY lately ... and I am 24 (and on the brink of my quarter life crisis). I love your ending to this entry ... trust your struggle. I need to learn to let go and trust in the struggle ... and hopefully in due time, I'll understand why I had to go through this place to get to the next one. Keep your head up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Things will turn around, I promise. It may not feel like it right now, but eventually little things will be there, and then the big things and it will all come together. And I understand what you mean about about not "acting your age," or feeling young. I was the same way when I was 21. School full time, work full time...it's hard! Life is hard, end of story. And I'm a "people pleaser" too, it's taken me a long time to put me first. The first couple times are the hardest, and saying no to people you love the most can literally hurt, but in the scheme of things, if you aren't happy, life will be that much harder. You need to "do you." Good luck girl, xox.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I absolutely love every single comment I receive on this little blog of mine.
I'll always respond to a question. Sometimes I'll reply back on your actual comment or sometimes I'll e-mail. Don't ever hesitate to e-mail me about absolutely anything. I'm pretty good at responding to e-mails very quickly!

MandyShippe@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

You can’t blog with us!

I’m not digging all of these big shot bloggers trying to make these rules for blogging. I have read posts about how not everyone should have a blog. If you’re not a big shot blogger, like myself.. this post is for you. If you are a big shot blogger, this post is also for you.. but, none of you will read this. These are just some of the rules that I don’t follow.. Your blog will be judged by it’s cover. Have a perfect layout. If spending $100 to have some make a layout for my blog means you’ll read my blog and you’ll follow me.. then I don’t give a damn if you’re not following me. Respond to all comments left on your blog. It is important to respond to comments.. however, I do understand why people can’t always respond. Personally.. if you ask me something I most likely will respond. A lot of the time I get comments that pretty much all I can say is “Thank you!” to.. I mean.. I’ll absolutely always respond if you e-mail me.. or even if you comment on instagram.. I respond almost inst

Oh, How Pinteresting…

  As always, feel free to follow me on Pinterest .. I always follow back.. because the more pins on my dash, the better!   Source: someecards.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: 30.media.tumblr.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: bathingnews.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: someecards.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: blog.bostoninteriors.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: someecards.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: nastygal.com via Amanda on Pinterest Source: imgfave.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: google.com via Amanda on Pinterest                         Source: weddingsandthings.tumblr.com via Amanda on Pinterest       I’m ready to get married. OKAY. Ha.       I get to spend tonight and tomorrow with my man!!.. so excited!!! But, it’s your turn to link up and show off your pins!!!!!    

Friday’s Letters!!!!

Dear Bret Michaels, Once I had a film class. It was so badass and made me wish I was an actress. I actually love being in front of the camera acting.. ANYWAYS.. This was the closest I’ve been to you.. when I was on a fake Rock Of Love.. with a fake Bret Michaels.. But, I’ll be seeing you live this Saturday!!! Dear Poison and Def Leppard, See you on Saturday!!!.. I’m pretty damn nervous to party with a bunch of people older than my mom. But, thank you for giving me an excuse to have extra big hair and dress like I belong in the 80’s.. I’ll look better than all these old chicks that still live in the 80’s.. Just sayin’.. Dear Friday’s Letters, You always make me so happy to write! I love that this link up always gets me so much positive feedback! It always makes my Friday so much better!.. I work Friday nights and Saturday mornings.. so Friday isn’t always as awesome to me as it is to everyone else. Dear Ashley from Adventures of Newlyweds, The first time I ever linked up I mention