Skip to main content

Dating Rules.

I get a lost of inspiration from Whitney's posts. I've made a few posts based off of some amazing posts she's written. If only I could come up with my own blog ideas... Oh well. This post "5 Dating Rules I Suck At" made me really start thinking about all the "rules" involved in the dating game. I may not be in the dating scene. But I thought about rules, and decided to say screw the rules.. here are some of my dating rules & advice.


The dude pays. 
I don't believe in the guy paying for everything forever. I've spent way too much money on dudes. It's not an issue unless the chick is paying more than the dude. However, the first few dates he's paying. 


Don't hide your crazy.
Anyone can handle a chick who is overly nice, polite, never swears and never gets mad about anything. Eventually your crazy is going to slip out and he's going to wonder if you have a personality disorder. It's better to know right away if he can handle you.








Don't want what you can't have.
I never understood why so many people think, "You always want what you can't have." You're wasting your time. Don't chase anyone. Go for someone that you can have.



Get your drink on.
I mean, honestly what is it with the rule that you're not suppose to drink or that you need to limit yourself. If you want to have a few drinks, you're going to have a few drinks.







There are no games involved in dating.
Unless the games involve skee-ball or air hockey at an arcade, I don't have time to participate. Let's be honest, I can learn the rules of any game someone tries to play and I will play that game much better than they ever could.


Do your research.
You've seen the show Catfish. Nev comes into the situation and with a few Facebook and Google searches he finds out eyeopening information. Good news! You can easily do the same searches and find out some information that might not of been 100% out in the open.


Don't fake it to impress.
Do not waste your time googling sports facts about his favorite team or forcing yourself to listen to some crappy band he loves. It will eventually be obvious that you really don't know the first thing about it. 

Ex: When guys find out I'm a huge Red Wings fan they always want to quiz me. "Who are your favorite players then?!" As a huge smartass I always respond with, "Thats hard.. Probably Yzerman, Lindstrom and Holmstrom. But our goalie is awesome, I love Osgood!" (& for those of you who don't understand, those are all retired Red Wings)



Your standards are not too high.
I wish more girls would realize that it's important to have high standards. Respect yourself enough to never lower your standards for anyone. Unless you're looking to be unhappy, do not settle for someone who does not meet your standards. It doesn't matter if you have to go on 144 dates before you find someone who can truly impress you.




Comments

  1. Good advice! Dating's hard...just getting into it again,...sucks! LOL
    Cheers,
    Messy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Young me wishes she was smart enough to do all this. But even though games were played, all is a lot lot lot better 3 years later!

    Great post pretty lady. And I love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Don't hide your crazy" made me laugh. The last point is so true! It's SO important to have high standards!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I absolutely love every single comment I receive on this little blog of mine.
I'll always respond to a question. Sometimes I'll reply back on your actual comment or sometimes I'll e-mail. Don't ever hesitate to e-mail me about absolutely anything. I'm pretty good at responding to e-mails very quickly!

MandyShippe@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

You can’t blog with us!

I’m not digging all of these big shot bloggers trying to make these rules for blogging. I have read posts about how not everyone should have a blog. If you’re not a big shot blogger, like myself.. this post is for you. If you are a big shot blogger, this post is also for you.. but, none of you will read this. These are just some of the rules that I don’t follow.. Your blog will be judged by it’s cover. Have a perfect layout. If spending $100 to have some make a layout for my blog means you’ll read my blog and you’ll follow me.. then I don’t give a damn if you’re not following me. Respond to all comments left on your blog. It is important to respond to comments.. however, I do understand why people can’t always respond. Personally.. if you ask me something I most likely will respond. A lot of the time I get comments that pretty much all I can say is “Thank you!” to.. I mean.. I’ll absolutely always respond if you e-mail me.. or even if you comment on instagram.. I respond almost inst

Oh, How Pinteresting…

  As always, feel free to follow me on Pinterest .. I always follow back.. because the more pins on my dash, the better!   Source: someecards.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: 30.media.tumblr.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: bathingnews.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: someecards.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: blog.bostoninteriors.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: someecards.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: nastygal.com via Amanda on Pinterest Source: imgfave.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: google.com via Amanda on Pinterest                         Source: weddingsandthings.tumblr.com via Amanda on Pinterest       I’m ready to get married. OKAY. Ha.       I get to spend tonight and tomorrow with my man!!.. so excited!!! But, it’s your turn to link up and show off your pins!!!!!    

Friday’s Letters!!!!

Dear Bret Michaels, Once I had a film class. It was so badass and made me wish I was an actress. I actually love being in front of the camera acting.. ANYWAYS.. This was the closest I’ve been to you.. when I was on a fake Rock Of Love.. with a fake Bret Michaels.. But, I’ll be seeing you live this Saturday!!! Dear Poison and Def Leppard, See you on Saturday!!!.. I’m pretty damn nervous to party with a bunch of people older than my mom. But, thank you for giving me an excuse to have extra big hair and dress like I belong in the 80’s.. I’ll look better than all these old chicks that still live in the 80’s.. Just sayin’.. Dear Friday’s Letters, You always make me so happy to write! I love that this link up always gets me so much positive feedback! It always makes my Friday so much better!.. I work Friday nights and Saturday mornings.. so Friday isn’t always as awesome to me as it is to everyone else. Dear Ashley from Adventures of Newlyweds, The first time I ever linked up I mention