Skip to main content

Oh, Monday...

I woke up today around 3am only to realize I had been sleeping since 10pm. I fell back asleep and woke up around 5am and remembered I never set my 6:30am alarm. I get myself back to sleep, wake up a few minutes before my alarm and the first tweet I read was about the Detroit Lions training camp being open the the public today at 9:15am. The training camp is conveniently located minutes from my school. Which really isn't a good thing since I have a 9am class and I have to normally leave my house no later than 8:15am. It's Monday morning, I'm crabby already and I was sure that there would be more traffic because of all the lucky brats that were going to see Reggie Bush.

Photo from MLive


However, I never hit any traffic. I never once used a swear word, and that's rare for me while driving. I was early for class so I decided to check my e-mail to see if my professor e-mailed me back. Then I noticed an e-mail from my Wednesday night pathophysiology professor. I opened it and almost had a panic attack when I realize it wasn't an e-mail to the class, it was addressed to only me. 

"Ms. Shippe, Your hard work paid off. You showed great improvement on exam 2. Great job. I'm very happy for you."

I was so excited I wanted to cry. I've mentioned before that I struggle with ADD. I'm on medication, but still it's a struggle. I have always been an awful test taker. I can study hard, feel confident, but as soon as I get a test I feel like every question is in a foreign language. It also helps to have a really great professor. Even though sometimes I feel like my hand is going to fall off from all the notes I take during that class, it's always so entertaining. 



The rest of my day was kind of long. 4 hour lecture, but I was able to go to the first lab that was from 1:30-3:30 opposed to my lab that's 3:30-5:30. Since I didn't have a big break, I stayed at school for lunch and was able to have to girl time. 

I'm exhausted for some reason, maybe it's just Monday. Tomorrow I'm excited because I'm going with a ton of people from work & a bunch of other people to the Tiger's game and we're taking 2 party busses. The last time was a ton of fun even though we just took a party bus downtown for opening day and never actually went to the game. But, that was my first time partying on a party bus and it was a pretty sweet bus. It had a full bar, flat screens and a fireplace.





I was suppose to work Wednesday morning at 10am, but I figured that wasn't a great idea so luckily someone covered it!   

So if you follow me on Instagram or Twitter (@mandyshippe) don't think that I got confused on what day it is. It may not be the weekend, but I'm going to pretend it is. 

Comments

  1. I used to work for the Lions! Training camp was the best because we could be outside all day :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I absolutely love every single comment I receive on this little blog of mine.
I'll always respond to a question. Sometimes I'll reply back on your actual comment or sometimes I'll e-mail. Don't ever hesitate to e-mail me about absolutely anything. I'm pretty good at responding to e-mails very quickly!

MandyShippe@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

You can’t blog with us!

I’m not digging all of these big shot bloggers trying to make these rules for blogging. I have read posts about how not everyone should have a blog. If you’re not a big shot blogger, like myself.. this post is for you. If you are a big shot blogger, this post is also for you.. but, none of you will read this. These are just some of the rules that I don’t follow.. Your blog will be judged by it’s cover. Have a perfect layout. If spending $100 to have some make a layout for my blog means you’ll read my blog and you’ll follow me.. then I don’t give a damn if you’re not following me. Respond to all comments left on your blog. It is important to respond to comments.. however, I do understand why people can’t always respond. Personally.. if you ask me something I most likely will respond. A lot of the time I get comments that pretty much all I can say is “Thank you!” to.. I mean.. I’ll absolutely always respond if you e-mail me.. or even if you comment on instagram.. I respond almost inst

Oh, How Pinteresting…

  As always, feel free to follow me on Pinterest .. I always follow back.. because the more pins on my dash, the better!   Source: someecards.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: 30.media.tumblr.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: bathingnews.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: someecards.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: blog.bostoninteriors.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: someecards.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: nastygal.com via Amanda on Pinterest Source: imgfave.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: google.com via Amanda on Pinterest                         Source: weddingsandthings.tumblr.com via Amanda on Pinterest       I’m ready to get married. OKAY. Ha.       I get to spend tonight and tomorrow with my man!!.. so excited!!! But, it’s your turn to link up and show off your pins!!!!!    

Friday’s Letters!!!!

Dear Bret Michaels, Once I had a film class. It was so badass and made me wish I was an actress. I actually love being in front of the camera acting.. ANYWAYS.. This was the closest I’ve been to you.. when I was on a fake Rock Of Love.. with a fake Bret Michaels.. But, I’ll be seeing you live this Saturday!!! Dear Poison and Def Leppard, See you on Saturday!!!.. I’m pretty damn nervous to party with a bunch of people older than my mom. But, thank you for giving me an excuse to have extra big hair and dress like I belong in the 80’s.. I’ll look better than all these old chicks that still live in the 80’s.. Just sayin’.. Dear Friday’s Letters, You always make me so happy to write! I love that this link up always gets me so much positive feedback! It always makes my Friday so much better!.. I work Friday nights and Saturday mornings.. so Friday isn’t always as awesome to me as it is to everyone else. Dear Ashley from Adventures of Newlyweds, The first time I ever linked up I mention