Skip to main content

Sometimes life sucks, sometimes it gets a little better.

In this little blog of mine we've gotten pretty damn real lately. I've been really honest. It's not stopping there. No, there's no news about the ex. He's still the last little boy I'd ever want to be with even if he was the last dude on earth. Not sorry, just honest. So I guess the news is, he stooped to another level and made me think even less of him. No, I didn't know that was possible. I think maybe he's finally out of my life. FOR GOOD.

I mentioned another guy I was seeing. I mentioned him explaining to me that it was no longer fair to his girlfriend. Yes, GIRLFRIEND. Another women. Not fair to her? Not fair to me. Screw it. Technically he didn't have a girlfriend the entire time we dated. He went on vacation with a friend (this chick) and came home with a girlfriend that was not me.

Saturday night almost around 2am I receive a text from my boss, "Staff meeting 10am." I responded back with a sweet, "NO." About 5 co-workers of mine responded back to the group message with something similar. I was the only on not to show up to the meeting. However, I showed up to the 1pm Lion's game fun. My boss blew it off that day. I hung out with my parents and my mom's friend who is also best friends with the guy I was seeing. 

I'm not sure if I or my mom was more surprised when dude shows up. Once everyone asked if he said a word to me, he finally reaches a bar stool down and asks how I am. Awkward hour or so. Ended with a hug and, "I see you've been a busy man." That was that. I stuck around for a while getting into details with his friend as well as having too many conversations with bar regulars. It was a rough evening for me. 

Monday I was hungover. Please remember I'm not a BLOGGER, I'm just a chick with a blog.. I can admit I was hungover. 

Tuesday night I had to work. As soon as I walked in my boss greeted me at the door and pointed to the nearest booth, so I had a seat. I quickly thought about walking out, but decided to let the lecture flow through my ears. It was interesting and I promise one day very soon I'll be able to explain it all. However, I stayed and worked. 

I had a very long talk with one of the DJs that I met through work. It was such an empowering conversation because he had recently been through similar hard times and was still dealing with the aftermath. 

Good news? I started talking to someone a few days ago. A boy I've known, but have had a little girl crush on for a while. I'm not looking for anything, so please no lectures. However, I'm still unsure how the hell he's interested in coming home and spending time with me. I say coming home because he's completely across the country for another week for work. I'm excited, but after the last guy I'm hesitant. Only time will tell... But I'm kind of just feeling like.. WAH, come home already.

I'm reconnecting tomorrow with one of my dude friends I stopped talking to because he wanted more. I think he finally realized I'm a great friend and sometimes shit doesn't work out. 

Life right now is so damn confusing. Ups and downs. Constantly. Just being as honest as I can be. At this point in my life, I can't sugar coat anything. I can't fake some fabulous fairytale life. This is my life. I'm happy with it.

Comments

  1. I don't care of you work at a bar or in an attorney's office, you don't text people at 2 in their one informing them of a meeting. You had the right idea by not going. Fuck that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I absolutely love every single comment I receive on this little blog of mine.
I'll always respond to a question. Sometimes I'll reply back on your actual comment or sometimes I'll e-mail. Don't ever hesitate to e-mail me about absolutely anything. I'm pretty good at responding to e-mails very quickly!

MandyShippe@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

You can’t blog with us!

I’m not digging all of these big shot bloggers trying to make these rules for blogging. I have read posts about how not everyone should have a blog. If you’re not a big shot blogger, like myself.. this post is for you. If you are a big shot blogger, this post is also for you.. but, none of you will read this. These are just some of the rules that I don’t follow.. Your blog will be judged by it’s cover. Have a perfect layout. If spending $100 to have some make a layout for my blog means you’ll read my blog and you’ll follow me.. then I don’t give a damn if you’re not following me. Respond to all comments left on your blog. It is important to respond to comments.. however, I do understand why people can’t always respond. Personally.. if you ask me something I most likely will respond. A lot of the time I get comments that pretty much all I can say is “Thank you!” to.. I mean.. I’ll absolutely always respond if you e-mail me.. or even if you comment on instagram.. I respond almost inst

Oh, How Pinteresting…

  As always, feel free to follow me on Pinterest .. I always follow back.. because the more pins on my dash, the better!   Source: someecards.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: 30.media.tumblr.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: bathingnews.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: someecards.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: blog.bostoninteriors.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: someecards.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: nastygal.com via Amanda on Pinterest Source: imgfave.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: google.com via Amanda on Pinterest                         Source: weddingsandthings.tumblr.com via Amanda on Pinterest       I’m ready to get married. OKAY. Ha.       I get to spend tonight and tomorrow with my man!!.. so excited!!! But, it’s your turn to link up and show off your pins!!!!!    

Friday’s Letters!!!!

Dear Bret Michaels, Once I had a film class. It was so badass and made me wish I was an actress. I actually love being in front of the camera acting.. ANYWAYS.. This was the closest I’ve been to you.. when I was on a fake Rock Of Love.. with a fake Bret Michaels.. But, I’ll be seeing you live this Saturday!!! Dear Poison and Def Leppard, See you on Saturday!!!.. I’m pretty damn nervous to party with a bunch of people older than my mom. But, thank you for giving me an excuse to have extra big hair and dress like I belong in the 80’s.. I’ll look better than all these old chicks that still live in the 80’s.. Just sayin’.. Dear Friday’s Letters, You always make me so happy to write! I love that this link up always gets me so much positive feedback! It always makes my Friday so much better!.. I work Friday nights and Saturday mornings.. so Friday isn’t always as awesome to me as it is to everyone else. Dear Ashley from Adventures of Newlyweds, The first time I ever linked up I mention