Skip to main content

Time to get in shape.

I was planning a post for today, but while writing it I was getting major writer's block. I decided to hold off on that post and bring up something that really annoyed me last week.

I posted a picture on Instagram of my McDonalds breakfast and made the comment that I'm going back to the gym ASAP. I received an e-mail from some girl I don't know. She explained to me that the gym isn't going to make a difference unless I change my eating habits and that I'm never going to see weight loss results unless I make a lifestyle change. She also informed me that simply talking about going back to the gym isn't going to do anything. She ended the e-mail by telling me she's willing to give me advice and tips if I was actually serious. Maybe I read it wrong, but it came off so rude.

First of all, I don't think I'm fat at all. Sometimes when I post a picture of unhealthy food or a lot of food I stupidly joke and say I'm being a fatty or something along those lines. Or if I'm wearing a flowy shirt sometimes I'm guilty of making a comment about how it makes me look pregnant. Let's be honest, some of those shirts can look that way. I'm going to remind myself not to make those comments anymore anymore because I guess people think I'm being serious or that I think I'm fat. I'm 120 pounds, if I think I'm fat or need to lose weight then I need some serious help. 


I work out at home a few days a week, but I really need to get back to the gym so I can get a better workout. I'm not looking to lose weight, I'm looking to get in shape. My eating habits really aren't bad at all. Yes, I may drink craft beer or every once in a while eat unhealthy. It probably has something to do with the fact that I'm human and it's okay to consume something unhealthy because most of the time I eat very healthy.


I'm not bothered by the e-mail anymore. Not worth worrying about. However, I am motivated to get back in shape. I'd much rather people make comments about how fit I am than how skinny I am. Plus, working out makes me feel so much better about myself. So it's time to finally get serious about this! 


Comments

  1. OMG that was a little rude! I am glad you have a good body image and dont feel bad about the email. You look great! Though I love the motivated feeling of the gym too, but it is nice to do it with no pressure! Loving your blog :)

    Lorraine x
    http://lollikelly.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that email came across as rude too. You didn't ask for her unsolicited advice. I've almost stopped taking pictures of my food because I know someone will say something about it. I plan in competing and they will say I should not eat this and that.

    Eff those people though.

    Being fit>skinny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheesh. People can be so presumptuous. Do you! That's all the matters in the end anyway. :)

    xo
    Sarah :: Your Plucky Picaroon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I absolutely love every single comment I receive on this little blog of mine.
I'll always respond to a question. Sometimes I'll reply back on your actual comment or sometimes I'll e-mail. Don't ever hesitate to e-mail me about absolutely anything. I'm pretty good at responding to e-mails very quickly!

MandyShippe@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

You can’t blog with us!

I’m not digging all of these big shot bloggers trying to make these rules for blogging. I have read posts about how not everyone should have a blog. If you’re not a big shot blogger, like myself.. this post is for you. If you are a big shot blogger, this post is also for you.. but, none of you will read this. These are just some of the rules that I don’t follow.. Your blog will be judged by it’s cover. Have a perfect layout. If spending $100 to have some make a layout for my blog means you’ll read my blog and you’ll follow me.. then I don’t give a damn if you’re not following me. Respond to all comments left on your blog. It is important to respond to comments.. however, I do understand why people can’t always respond. Personally.. if you ask me something I most likely will respond. A lot of the time I get comments that pretty much all I can say is “Thank you!” to.. I mean.. I’ll absolutely always respond if you e-mail me.. or even if you comment on instagram.. I respond almost inst

Oh, How Pinteresting…

  As always, feel free to follow me on Pinterest .. I always follow back.. because the more pins on my dash, the better!   Source: someecards.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: 30.media.tumblr.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: bathingnews.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: someecards.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: blog.bostoninteriors.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: someecards.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: nastygal.com via Amanda on Pinterest Source: imgfave.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: google.com via Amanda on Pinterest                         Source: weddingsandthings.tumblr.com via Amanda on Pinterest       I’m ready to get married. OKAY. Ha.       I get to spend tonight and tomorrow with my man!!.. so excited!!! But, it’s your turn to link up and show off your pins!!!!!    

Friday’s Letters!!!!

Dear Bret Michaels, Once I had a film class. It was so badass and made me wish I was an actress. I actually love being in front of the camera acting.. ANYWAYS.. This was the closest I’ve been to you.. when I was on a fake Rock Of Love.. with a fake Bret Michaels.. But, I’ll be seeing you live this Saturday!!! Dear Poison and Def Leppard, See you on Saturday!!!.. I’m pretty damn nervous to party with a bunch of people older than my mom. But, thank you for giving me an excuse to have extra big hair and dress like I belong in the 80’s.. I’ll look better than all these old chicks that still live in the 80’s.. Just sayin’.. Dear Friday’s Letters, You always make me so happy to write! I love that this link up always gets me so much positive feedback! It always makes my Friday so much better!.. I work Friday nights and Saturday mornings.. so Friday isn’t always as awesome to me as it is to everyone else. Dear Ashley from Adventures of Newlyweds, The first time I ever linked up I mention