Skip to main content

#BEDN: Blogging & what held me back.

I really like today's topic of the challenge. I think it's something I've been wanting to discuss. I started this blog as a way to just write about my life. I had absolutely no idea that there was such a wonderful blogging community. I never thought I'd meet so many wonderful people just by writing. I apologize ahead of time if I get off track a little bit, but it's all things I've been meaning to address about my blog and why I haven't been the blogger I wanted to be for the past year.

When this blog first started, I was in a 3 year relationship. I blogged about my relationship non-stop. I loved that I'd be able to look back one day and see where we were back then. I didn't really think that one day I'd never want to read those posts.

I remember the day that I knew I wanted out of the relationship, it was Sweetest Day. It was also the night he told me he was planning on proposing within the next 6 months. I couldn't wrap my head around that. At a time I wanted all of that, but I didn't anymore. I didn't leave though. I trusted that we could fix things. At the same time I didn't want to fix it, I just wanted to move on. I knew him well enough to know he just wasn't able to give me the things I needed from a significant other. 8 months later we were going through things I won't mention, I wasn't wearing my rings anymore, I practically hated everything about him, us and me. Finally it was done.

Since that first day that I wanted out, I had one hell of a time blogging. People would constantly ask me why I never talked about him. It was hard enough to fake it in front of our families. How was I suppose to blog about someone who made me feel the way I felt? I can fake a smile for only so long. Through the whole break-up I wasn't even able to talk to anyone about it. I didn't want to blog. I had nothing to say to anyone. I was so angry about who he ended up being in the end. I was angry I didn't leave before everything I went through at the end. I knew if I opened up, I'd spill everything and I'm too good of a person to tell the world how crappy (see, I'm still being nice) someone is.

I find myself now, still having a hard time getting back into blogging. I've considered deleting my blog. However, I'm not going to do that. It's been a struggle at times. Yes, my life is so much different now than when I first started. I just have to keep reminding myself that I didn't start my blog to be about my past. I started it to be about my present.

I've mentioned earlier this week that I'm in a new relationship. I'm also at this point in my life that I don't want all of my personal business out there. Which can be hard to control when I'm a lifestyle blogger. Yes, you'll hear about my man from time to time. He's great. It's nice to be happy. I'm enjoying every second of it.

My best advice that I can give to a new blogger is to just be yourself. It's okay to have posts that might not entertain everyone. It's okay to be too honest. It's not okay to act like someone you're not. Don't allow yourself to change your blog in order to "fit in" with big shot bloggers.



I had a non-blogger reader contact me a few months back. She actually lives pretty close to me and found many similarities between us. I honestly talk to her more than I talk to people I've know for years. It made me realize that being myself while blogging may not be the way to be the most popular blogger, but it allowed me to meet wonderful people who truly care and can actually relate to struggles I might be going through. 

I do understand that it's a typical blogger thing to say, "I blog for me." However, I truly do. I found that when I decided to actually spill my feelings and emotions about something that may have been a struggle it has helped me face the problem and deal with it. I also understand that this blog is no longer everyone's cup of tea. I'm okay with that. I do a damn good job hiding my emotions and feelings from a lot of people, this is my place and most of time time I just type until it's all out and I hit "publish" before I can hesitate about posting. 


Here's two past blog posts all about blogging:

"You can't blog with us"

"I Just Blog"

Comments

  1. AHH! Please tell me you're talking about me in terms of the non-blogger reader. UGH. I need a blog, haha. What am I doing with my life and why am I not blogging? Oh wait, I'm busy texting you and getting fat on all the foods. Haha. Love you. Love the (maybe) shout out. <3333333

    PS, I just saw you can comment from an AIM account. Dead.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I absolutely love every single comment I receive on this little blog of mine.
I'll always respond to a question. Sometimes I'll reply back on your actual comment or sometimes I'll e-mail. Don't ever hesitate to e-mail me about absolutely anything. I'm pretty good at responding to e-mails very quickly!

MandyShippe@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

You can’t blog with us!

I’m not digging all of these big shot bloggers trying to make these rules for blogging. I have read posts about how not everyone should have a blog. If you’re not a big shot blogger, like myself.. this post is for you. If you are a big shot blogger, this post is also for you.. but, none of you will read this. These are just some of the rules that I don’t follow.. Your blog will be judged by it’s cover. Have a perfect layout. If spending $100 to have some make a layout for my blog means you’ll read my blog and you’ll follow me.. then I don’t give a damn if you’re not following me. Respond to all comments left on your blog. It is important to respond to comments.. however, I do understand why people can’t always respond. Personally.. if you ask me something I most likely will respond. A lot of the time I get comments that pretty much all I can say is “Thank you!” to.. I mean.. I’ll absolutely always respond if you e-mail me.. or even if you comment on instagram.. I respond almost inst

Oh, How Pinteresting…

  As always, feel free to follow me on Pinterest .. I always follow back.. because the more pins on my dash, the better!   Source: someecards.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: 30.media.tumblr.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: bathingnews.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: someecards.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: blog.bostoninteriors.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: someecards.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: nastygal.com via Amanda on Pinterest Source: imgfave.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: google.com via Amanda on Pinterest                         Source: weddingsandthings.tumblr.com via Amanda on Pinterest       I’m ready to get married. OKAY. Ha.       I get to spend tonight and tomorrow with my man!!.. so excited!!! But, it’s your turn to link up and show off your pins!!!!!    

Friday’s Letters!!!!

Dear Bret Michaels, Once I had a film class. It was so badass and made me wish I was an actress. I actually love being in front of the camera acting.. ANYWAYS.. This was the closest I’ve been to you.. when I was on a fake Rock Of Love.. with a fake Bret Michaels.. But, I’ll be seeing you live this Saturday!!! Dear Poison and Def Leppard, See you on Saturday!!!.. I’m pretty damn nervous to party with a bunch of people older than my mom. But, thank you for giving me an excuse to have extra big hair and dress like I belong in the 80’s.. I’ll look better than all these old chicks that still live in the 80’s.. Just sayin’.. Dear Friday’s Letters, You always make me so happy to write! I love that this link up always gets me so much positive feedback! It always makes my Friday so much better!.. I work Friday nights and Saturday mornings.. so Friday isn’t always as awesome to me as it is to everyone else. Dear Ashley from Adventures of Newlyweds, The first time I ever linked up I mention