Skip to main content

I turned 22 and quit my job.

What an absolutely wonderful birthday I had. I was being a Debbie downer about turning 22 because it makes me feel old.. however, everyone made my day nothing short of amazing. I went out the night before and was looking like a hot mess. I tried to pull myself together so we could go get brunch and bottomless mimosas. After we went to a sports bar for a few beers and a fireball shot. Then headed back home to meet up with my brother and to go up to my work for a few drinks and food... 

I'm providing you with some photos before I explain why I quit my job, just in case you want to skip over that part. You're welcome.












We go into my work and it's trivia night. If you've ever been to a bar during trivia or worked at a bar that had trivia, you will know that trivia players take the game extremely serious. The first question was read and my brother, David and my dad joked about the answer. Unfortunately, my dad's second answer was right and apparently we were too loud because this lady turned around and said, "DON'T YELL OUT THE ANSWERS!!!!!!" My boss came over to tell us we can't talk about answers because this is a game and that's against the rules. 

I'm apologizing right now because this story may jump around a little bit, stick with me because it's all so fresh and I'm just typing as I think.

Every single bar we went to on my birthday bought me a drink or a dessert. When I went into my work, regulars bought me drinks and wished me a happy birthday. The only people from work that said happy birthday to me was the hostess, the bartender and our waitress. The only thing other people from work had to say to me on my birthday was questioning why I didn't go to the work meeting that morning. I was a little bitter about the whole experience and I guess it wasn't the best decision, but I posted on Facebook about how wonderful the other bars were and that I shouldn't of went to my work during trivia because it wasn't a good time. 

We get home and my brother realizes he left his expensive sunglasses there. I call up and my boss yelled at me for "talking shit" and wished me a happy birthday and hung up. The rest of my night was a lot of fun. We all went to sleep and after David left, my mom woke me up because she couldn't help but read the text message from my boss. It was just more about how it wasn't okay for me to talk shit about him and his business. Then I had a missed call from my other boss who wanted to talk to me. We played phone tag all evening, apparently he never received my 4 calls so I kept trying to set up a time around my classes.  He told me we would talk in the morning.

So here we are today. I was suppose to work at 10am. I had realized last night that I was either going to get fired or I would end up quitting. I've been there for 3 years and honestly I can't remember the last time I didn't leave a shift pissed off. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to quit. I can't tell you how many times a co-worker made me cry out of pure frustration. I can't tell you how many times I felt so unappreciated. I can't tell you how many co-workers that went through the same crap as me quit and questioned how I could handle everything for so long.  

I woke up and knew I couldn't keep sticking it out. After months of saying I was going to do it, I finally quit. I'm going to be spending my day applying at other places. I have to be honest, I feel like a huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders. 

So here's to 22 and the start of something new.

Comments

  1. Yay! Good for you! I had a similar situation happen about a year ago. I wanted to stay because I'd spend tens of thousands of dollars on a degree and spend the better part of 3 years pouring everything I had into it...

    It was the biggest weight off my shoulders walking out for the last time! I ended up lining up an amazing job before I left and have never looked back. :)

    Good vibes your way!

    www.abettertina.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I absolutely love every single comment I receive on this little blog of mine.
I'll always respond to a question. Sometimes I'll reply back on your actual comment or sometimes I'll e-mail. Don't ever hesitate to e-mail me about absolutely anything. I'm pretty good at responding to e-mails very quickly!

MandyShippe@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

You can’t blog with us!

I’m not digging all of these big shot bloggers trying to make these rules for blogging. I have read posts about how not everyone should have a blog. If you’re not a big shot blogger, like myself.. this post is for you. If you are a big shot blogger, this post is also for you.. but, none of you will read this. These are just some of the rules that I don’t follow.. Your blog will be judged by it’s cover. Have a perfect layout. If spending $100 to have some make a layout for my blog means you’ll read my blog and you’ll follow me.. then I don’t give a damn if you’re not following me. Respond to all comments left on your blog. It is important to respond to comments.. however, I do understand why people can’t always respond. Personally.. if you ask me something I most likely will respond. A lot of the time I get comments that pretty much all I can say is “Thank you!” to.. I mean.. I’ll absolutely always respond if you e-mail me.. or even if you comment on instagram.. I respond almost inst

Oh, How Pinteresting…

  As always, feel free to follow me on Pinterest .. I always follow back.. because the more pins on my dash, the better!   Source: someecards.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: 30.media.tumblr.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: bathingnews.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: someecards.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: blog.bostoninteriors.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: someecards.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: nastygal.com via Amanda on Pinterest Source: imgfave.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: google.com via Amanda on Pinterest                         Source: weddingsandthings.tumblr.com via Amanda on Pinterest       I’m ready to get married. OKAY. Ha.       I get to spend tonight and tomorrow with my man!!.. so excited!!! But, it’s your turn to link up and show off your pins!!!!!    

Friday’s Letters!!!!

Dear Bret Michaels, Once I had a film class. It was so badass and made me wish I was an actress. I actually love being in front of the camera acting.. ANYWAYS.. This was the closest I’ve been to you.. when I was on a fake Rock Of Love.. with a fake Bret Michaels.. But, I’ll be seeing you live this Saturday!!! Dear Poison and Def Leppard, See you on Saturday!!!.. I’m pretty damn nervous to party with a bunch of people older than my mom. But, thank you for giving me an excuse to have extra big hair and dress like I belong in the 80’s.. I’ll look better than all these old chicks that still live in the 80’s.. Just sayin’.. Dear Friday’s Letters, You always make me so happy to write! I love that this link up always gets me so much positive feedback! It always makes my Friday so much better!.. I work Friday nights and Saturday mornings.. so Friday isn’t always as awesome to me as it is to everyone else. Dear Ashley from Adventures of Newlyweds, The first time I ever linked up I mention