Skip to main content

Oops...

I didn't completely forget about posting.. I had at least 5 drafts that were almost done. I just let life get in the way a little. Life has been great. I unexpectedly was given the opportunity to graduate this summer. It was a major surprise. 

For over a year, I've known that I needed to complete two internships in order to complete my associate's degree. I felt like there was no way I'd have time for two internships anytime soon. Once I realized that I already have an associate's degree in Applied Science (not my field), I felt that there was no point to wait around, taking random classes while waiting for two internship before moving onto my bachelor's degree. I decided I wanted to change my degree level to a bachelor's degree.

When I went to talk to an academic advisor, she contacted the director of my program. The director of my program was more than willing to help me out so that I could get one of my internships. Last week, I had an interview and they even offered the opportunity to do both of my internships there back to back! Which means that I will have a degree in my field and will be moving onto working for a higher degree in my field! 

While it's easy to say that previous situations held me back from my dreams.. the truth is, I allowed myself to be held back. I'm so grateful for the struggles I went through. I never would of focused on putting myself first. I never would of been able to appreciate this opportunity as much as I do now. 

I feel so motivated. I'm finally happy. I'm finally proud of myself. I finally feel like me again and I haven't felt this way in well over a year. 

I'm going to work on some new posts. I would love to be able to get back into blogging. It feels like the time is finally right.

Hope you all are doing well! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You can’t blog with us!

I’m not digging all of these big shot bloggers trying to make these rules for blogging. I have read posts about how not everyone should have a blog. If you’re not a big shot blogger, like myself.. this post is for you. If you are a big shot blogger, this post is also for you.. but, none of you will read this. These are just some of the rules that I don’t follow.. Your blog will be judged by it’s cover. Have a perfect layout. If spending $100 to have some make a layout for my blog means you’ll read my blog and you’ll follow me.. then I don’t give a damn if you’re not following me. Respond to all comments left on your blog. It is important to respond to comments.. however, I do understand why people can’t always respond. Personally.. if you ask me something I most likely will respond. A lot of the time I get comments that pretty much all I can say is “Thank you!” to.. I mean.. I’ll absolutely always respond if you e-mail me.. or even if you comment on instagram.. I respond almost inst

Oh, How Pinteresting…

  As always, feel free to follow me on Pinterest .. I always follow back.. because the more pins on my dash, the better!   Source: someecards.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: 30.media.tumblr.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: bathingnews.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: someecards.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: blog.bostoninteriors.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: someecards.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: nastygal.com via Amanda on Pinterest Source: imgfave.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: google.com via Amanda on Pinterest                         Source: weddingsandthings.tumblr.com via Amanda on Pinterest       I’m ready to get married. OKAY. Ha.       I get to spend tonight and tomorrow with my man!!.. so excited!!! But, it’s your turn to link up and show off your pins!!!!!    

Friday’s Letters!!!!

Dear Bret Michaels, Once I had a film class. It was so badass and made me wish I was an actress. I actually love being in front of the camera acting.. ANYWAYS.. This was the closest I’ve been to you.. when I was on a fake Rock Of Love.. with a fake Bret Michaels.. But, I’ll be seeing you live this Saturday!!! Dear Poison and Def Leppard, See you on Saturday!!!.. I’m pretty damn nervous to party with a bunch of people older than my mom. But, thank you for giving me an excuse to have extra big hair and dress like I belong in the 80’s.. I’ll look better than all these old chicks that still live in the 80’s.. Just sayin’.. Dear Friday’s Letters, You always make me so happy to write! I love that this link up always gets me so much positive feedback! It always makes my Friday so much better!.. I work Friday nights and Saturday mornings.. so Friday isn’t always as awesome to me as it is to everyone else. Dear Ashley from Adventures of Newlyweds, The first time I ever linked up I mention