Skip to main content

Thoughts from an ex-blogger..

My desire to get back to writing has been so strong lately. I can't seem to figure out if I want to blog again. At the same time, I REALLY want to blog again. I've found comfort in my privacy. This comfort has made me uncomfortable with openly sharing details of my life. However, blogging always was there to provide me with an outlet to express my thoughts, feelings and emotions. The people I was able to connect with through blogging was always an incredible bonus.



I didn't want to blog when I realized that people that I don't want to be part of my life were reading my blog posts. During this time I also stopped being active on Twitter and Instagram. I felt that it was unfair to me that specific people were able to catch up on my life via social media.

There are many issue I face with returning to my blog. I need to allow myself to step outside of my comfort zone of keeping my life private. I need to be okay with the fact that some people, that shouldn't be reading my blog, will read my blog. I need to remind myself of how many people I've been able to connect with and at times even help because of specific things I've posted on this blog.

One issue will never be with the amount of people that still follow me. If I begin blogging again, I'll be beyond grateful to have people that stuck around or decide to come back.  I have never been concerned about the amount of readers/subscribers I have. I'd rather have multiple people that can relate to or get something out of my content opposed to having thousands of subscribers. If I was looking for numbers and looking to make money, I'd need to start fresh and make a blog that has clickbait and money making worthy content. I'm just looking to blog, not to make a living off of blogging.

I want to make my way back into blogging. It can't hurt to give it another shot. Blogging was something I truly loved doing and I truly have been missing it for a few months.

While looking back on my blog, I realized that I'm in desperate need of a new blog design. I no longer have the knowledge of specific codes and all that to make my blog look the way it does now. So, if you're reading this.. just know that any hotmess blog layout you may encounter after this post will be a temporary thing until I'm able to re-educate myself on how to make a decent layout.

Anyways... If you are reading this, thank you! I truly appreciate the people that always come back even after a long, unannounced break. I honestly am going to do all that I can to put all of my concerns aside and just blog.


Comments

  1. Girl I feel you. I miss blogging too. I think about almost everyday. At the moment I don't have a computer so it'll be awhile before I get back to it. I quit for other reasons. Like I was sucked into "this is what you have do to have a million followers and make money" crap. Then I realized I didn't like those blogs. One day. Welcome back. Can't wait to read more sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank, girl! It's SO easy to get sucked into that crap! I completely understand. I can't wait until you make a return!

      Delete
  2. Hands down over the exclusive items made for your trendiness. Order for Leather Jackets for Men and Women, custom leather jackets online now.Movie jackets

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I absolutely love every single comment I receive on this little blog of mine.
I'll always respond to a question. Sometimes I'll reply back on your actual comment or sometimes I'll e-mail. Don't ever hesitate to e-mail me about absolutely anything. I'm pretty good at responding to e-mails very quickly!

MandyShippe@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

You can’t blog with us!

I’m not digging all of these big shot bloggers trying to make these rules for blogging. I have read posts about how not everyone should have a blog. If you’re not a big shot blogger, like myself.. this post is for you. If you are a big shot blogger, this post is also for you.. but, none of you will read this. These are just some of the rules that I don’t follow.. Your blog will be judged by it’s cover. Have a perfect layout. If spending $100 to have some make a layout for my blog means you’ll read my blog and you’ll follow me.. then I don’t give a damn if you’re not following me. Respond to all comments left on your blog. It is important to respond to comments.. however, I do understand why people can’t always respond. Personally.. if you ask me something I most likely will respond. A lot of the time I get comments that pretty much all I can say is “Thank you!” to.. I mean.. I’ll absolutely always respond if you e-mail me.. or even if you comment on instagram.. I respond almost inst

Oh, How Pinteresting…

  As always, feel free to follow me on Pinterest .. I always follow back.. because the more pins on my dash, the better!   Source: someecards.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: 30.media.tumblr.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: bathingnews.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: someecards.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: blog.bostoninteriors.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: someecards.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: nastygal.com via Amanda on Pinterest Source: imgfave.com via Amanda on Pinterest   Source: google.com via Amanda on Pinterest                         Source: weddingsandthings.tumblr.com via Amanda on Pinterest       I’m ready to get married. OKAY. Ha.       I get to spend tonight and tomorrow with my man!!.. so excited!!! But, it’s your turn to link up and show off your pins!!!!!    

Friday’s Letters!!!!

Dear Bret Michaels, Once I had a film class. It was so badass and made me wish I was an actress. I actually love being in front of the camera acting.. ANYWAYS.. This was the closest I’ve been to you.. when I was on a fake Rock Of Love.. with a fake Bret Michaels.. But, I’ll be seeing you live this Saturday!!! Dear Poison and Def Leppard, See you on Saturday!!!.. I’m pretty damn nervous to party with a bunch of people older than my mom. But, thank you for giving me an excuse to have extra big hair and dress like I belong in the 80’s.. I’ll look better than all these old chicks that still live in the 80’s.. Just sayin’.. Dear Friday’s Letters, You always make me so happy to write! I love that this link up always gets me so much positive feedback! It always makes my Friday so much better!.. I work Friday nights and Saturday mornings.. so Friday isn’t always as awesome to me as it is to everyone else. Dear Ashley from Adventures of Newlyweds, The first time I ever linked up I mention